Thursday, August 03, 2006

More updating

Good heavens life gets busy! There is more to update than I'm going to have time for today, but at least it's a start.

Hello to my newest readers from The Marriage Bed. I appreciate you stumbling across me and I hope my language doesn't offend you too terribly. I tell it like it is - and when I rant, I rant!

Now what you've all been waiting for (NO it's not a bfp for me)...UPDATES! WOO!

We were offered the chance last week to start adoption proceedings for a little boy. One of Aaron's coworkers is about 5 months pregnant or so (due Christmas Eve). She was thinking she would have to give her son up for adoption once he was born and she offered us the chance. We talked about it - for several days - before deciding that we shouldn't do it. There are too many "what if's" involved, and we really want to try IUI at least once before we adopt.

Speaking of IUI, my RE should be calling me any minute for a phone consult. We're going to get a game plan in place so that when it's time we can just do this thing. (I was supposed to go meet with her but I have an emergency trip to the dentist in about 45 minutes so that's right out) Aaron and I might step up the timeframe for the IUI but we aren't sure yet. Timing is everything, I suppose.

I know it seems awfully selfish of me after all this time to try and plan my kiddo. One would think I would know that you just can't plan these things. But I don't really see a reason why the first IUI shouldn't work - Dh has plenty of boys, they just need a little help to get to the final destination. This is, of course, assuming that all my hormones are where they should be still. I'll find out next week, since AF is due sometime between Sundy and Thursday. (gee....it's just like being a teen again and always being taken by surprise...) I don't want to miss finals if I don't have to, and I want to take as little time off school as possible. I'm worried about taking more than 6 months off because of loans, and then there's the whole "forgetting everything I ever knew" part. I'd love to have a kid in april, but that means already being pg...and I doubt I am. Part of me hopes...but the other part is terribly realistic.

And on yet another front: Some friends and I have joined Spark People to try and lose some weight. The place is pretty cool - not nearly as obsessive and contolling as most "diets" or plans like WW. You put in your weight and your target weight/time. It figures out how many calories you need to be eating a day, and how much of that should be fat/carbs/protein. I discovered that I was only eating about half of what I needed to! No wonder I wasn't losing anything - my body was fighting to stay alive! I don't use their meal planner - I just eat my regular foods and put it in there. That helps me see what I'm eating! Anyhow...if you join, let them know that Tigger sent you!

That's all for today, folks. I have to get ready to go pick up a friend so she can drive me home from the stupid dentist. And I'm really hoping the RE is going to call soon - I'm not going to be able to answer the phone with 4 pairs of hands, 6 instruments, and 25 utensils in my mouth at the doc's office....

No comments: