Saturday, August 19, 2006

I'm officially PUPO

or "Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise". I've entered the most anticipated and yet longest 2ww of my journey. I hope that school and work will make it go by fast. We'll start with some events from yesterday and move to this very moment:

Yesterday I had the trigger shot (as mentioned below). I took a 2 hour nap afterwards and woke up with a sore throat. WTH is that?! I talked to the nurse at the RE's and she says "coincidence" - but I also talked to some girls over on the ITSG board and one said she ALWAYS got a sore throat after triggering. So I was hoping it was just that, but today my nose has joined the battle - at the moment it is threatening mutiny on my face if I don't stop blowing it. :(

The shot site is pretty swollen and red - looks like a bug bite of the big kind. Probably about 3" across - and sore, sore, sore. Feels like someone punched me. And I can tell the shot is working - at the moment my ovaries feel like baseballs. I can normally only feel the right side, regardless of what side I'm Oing on. Right now I can feel both sides...and it hurts big time. I haven't had cramps like this since I used to get AF in High School, pre-bcp days. All I want to do is curl up and not move - I can barely walk at the moment.

The IUI went great, however. No collection troubles and my cervix cooperated beautifully. Took about 2 minutes all in all. May I say, however, that I HATE speculums? They must have been created by a man...or a masochistic woman. You'd think they'd find a way to make those more comfortable!

Beta is scheduled for Friday September 1 at 8:45AM. I am going to have to reschedule due to a class conflict that I wasn't even thinking about at the time...but it will still be on Friday. The timing is perfect - we're supposed to be going to my parents house the next day. If it's a positive beta we'll be able to take their presents down and give them to my parents personally. I'll try to take photos, but I make no guarantees.

This is my update for now. DH is cooking dinner, I'm going to go lay down and cry. Thanks for checking in on me!

No comments: