Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I found my fertile genes...

My best friend has apparently been holding them for me.

About 20 minutes ago, my phone rang and it was Wilma. I answered "Happy winged baby bearing projectiles day!" and she was semi-startled...and began to laugh. She said "Funny you should say that..." and I knew. Just like I knew 2 1/2 years ago when she showed up at my house looking apprehensive and said "I have something I have to tell you". I answered "You're pregnant." She seemed a bit surprised then that I knew, since they'd just found out an hour before and she'd been trying to figure out how to tell me. This time I was the second person to know, her DH being the first one. Then again, he's known for two weeks! She only took a test to prove him wrong...much like the last time, if I recall correctly. :)

I laughed my ass off this time. Last time I was depressed, and if she'd gotten pregnant two or three months ago I'd have been depressed too. This time...I don't know. I don't really care anymore, I guess. I'm happy for her - they wanted to be pregnant this time, but haven't been "trying". No charting, no opk's...and very little sex. They're one of those couples you hate - they had sex once this month and it just happened to be in the middle of her cycle. Only she didn't know it at the time, because her cycles are very irregular (35 days followed by 28 followed by 40). I had just started charting her cycles FOR her, to see if I could find a pattern. This is what I get!

So let's go over this again: I start reading an IF blog, they get pg. I start charting a friends cycle, she gets pg. ATTENTION IFers! SEND ME YOUR BLOGS AND CYCLE INFORMATION! I WILL READ/CHART YOU AND YOU SHOULD GET PG! :) At least, that seems to be my luck lately. Mom says it will catch me when I'm unawares - I think I have karma so confused she's just given up on me entirely.

Happy Valentine's Day to me!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Its a hard life being happy for someone when they get pg when at the same time you want to slap them!!!

My sister is due in a couple of weeks and I love her and I will love my nephew but this is number 3 and shes already talking about number 4!!

I want to catch up!!! I think she thinks she a catholic. lol

Your time will come. It might be just around the corner waiting to surprise you!!!!

Hugs
xxx