Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I'm learning! I'm learning!

In English class we have been assigned an essay of at least 8 pages on an experience, the questions it brought up, and our inquiry into finding the answers. I'm sure you'll all be shocked to learn that I chose my experience as TTCing and being told we're infertile. :)

I figured I could easily write this essay with my eyes closed. And then...then I found out we have to actually RESEARCH the paper. Funny that - having to research an essay in a research writing class... At any rate, I have to use 5 outside sources. I'm 4 pages in and have 7 sources so far.

I've been looking up actual infertility figures and how they compare to other things, as well as treatments and how they compare (just to give people a better picture). HOLY SHIT, people! I knew that it was a good amount of people, and it was expensive...but the research shocked even me! Did you know: Infertility is up from 10% in 1995 to 12.5% in 2002? The national unemployment rate is only 4.7% - infertility is 2.6 time as prominent as unemployment, and yet they make such a huge deal out of. Did you also know that the average cost for one round of IVF is $12,000?! For that price I can buy a 2006 Kia Rio! I think of the people who have done 4-5 rounds of IVF - they could own a fleet of Kia's!

I can't wait to get this paper done - I am going to find a place to host it and link it here so y'all can read it. I'm aiming for 12 pages so I don't want to actually post it here...but I'll try to link it.

As for TTC stuff - we're in limbo. We still haven't decided if we want to do IUI next cycle or not. If we do, we need to decide if we want to do an injectible cycle or just stick to the clomid. I don't know - I'm still struggling. I always said only once - and now Aaron wants to do it 3 times. If it didn't work, it didn't work - I give up. I agreed to do another in December because that's when we told everyone we would do it - but do I want to do one in October too? I just don't know.

No comments: