Friday, November 17, 2006

I survived!

I'm sore as all get out, but I lived. Painkillers every 4 hours on the dot help a lot. I've been trying to get up and walk around but it hurts...it's hard to make myself do it, but I'm afraid if I don't the muscles will tighten up and that hurts more.

Surgery was interesting. They didn't get me into my "room" until 9:20 (was supposed to start at 9:00). They had the IV in around 9:50 and at 10:00 Aaron leaned on it and made it hurt. At 11:15 my anesthesiologist came by - my actual surgery was supposed to start at 11:00. At about 11:30 they wheeled me into the OR. I remember feeling a bit woozy - telling them it was a good thing I was already laying down because I felt light-headed! The nurse lady said that's because she gave me something to make me woozy. The next thing I knew, I was having an asthma attack! Not a fun way to wake up, let me tell ya! I was all done, though, and in recovery. Time was about 1:15 when I could finally see the clock. I left the hospital about 4:00 and proceeded to fall asleep every 30 seconds for 10 minute bursts all the rest of the day. Aaron had the audacity to accuse me of being incoherent yesterday! Just because I was all drugged...

I have several rashes on my chest from the EKG pads they put on me to monitor my heart. I TOLD them I was allergic to adhesive, that I was allergic to the EKG pads, but they did it anyway. My chest itches like a sonofabitch, and it's bruised because I keep scratching/rubbing it. I also found a pad on my back today that they so kindly left for me...not very happy about that!

Well, that's all for now folks. I'm going to go play FFXII some more, chill on the couch. :) Have a great weekend!

No comments: