Friday, July 22, 2011

In trouble now!

The Boy has been rolling onto his side for several weeks, but no farther than that. Not any more!

Earlier today he was on his playmat, making burbling noises, when suddenly the noises changed. I looked over and he was on his tummy, one leg on either side of the arch that goes over the mat. Being a mean mommy, I rolled him back over but he wouldn't do it again. Aaron got home and played with him a bit, then left him on his back on a blanket...I watched, and the Boy rolled AGAIN. So Aaron rolled him back, walked away, and watched...sure enough, once again. He left him there, went to make dinner, and I looked up...and he was on his back again! I asked Aaron if he'd flipped him, he said no - so that means that on the same day, the Boy rolled back to front to back.

We are in SO much trouble! I remember reading that the muscles they develop to go front to back are the same ones used for crawling, and that crawling isn't far behind the ability to roll front to back. The Boy will be 4 months old on the 4th of August. I can't WAIT to tell the doc on the 8th!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Congratulations to him!!

Superyard. We had our whole livingroom caged in with two of them. :)